Custom Search

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fashion Blog: Review of Lane Bryant's Right Fit Jeans



So before I start my review I should probably tell you more about my size, my style and my build. In shirts/tops I wear usually a 22/24 but sometimes an 18/20. In pants I can range anywhere from a 22-26, I'm about 5'8" 1/2, 275 lbs with more of a pear shape, although I do have some on top, most is on bottom. My style is very classic with a twist of trendy. I like pieces that will last more than one season, but also like to mix in fun inexpensive pieces that will come and go.

The above picture I took from Lane Bryant's site (hopefully I will not get on their naughty list for that). I purchased the Distinctly Boot Cut Jeans in 26 Average Red. I know what you are thinking, you said you are pear shaped buy blue! For those of you who have never shopped at Lane Bryant or have never heard of the Right Fit System, there are three different cuts:
Yellow - straight at the hips, Red - slightly curved at the hips, Blue - extremely curvy at the hips

I tried on this style of jeans in a 24 Average in Red and Blue and a 26 Average in Red and Blue. Here are my thoughts on the blue, they are too baggy for me. If they fit my waist there is too much excess hanging in the back and I felt like I got the "Mom Jean" effect. I was trying to find a nice pair of jeans, not just for knocking around the house, but for going out. Something I can dress up with a blazer and a pair of heels or dress down with a cute tee and cute sneakers. The 24 Average in Red barely closed and was way too tight. The 26 Average in Red seemed to fit me perfectly.

I have to say BRAVO to Lane Bryant for their re-release of the Right Fit Jeans. I bought a pair when they had that odd sizing of numbers 1-8 I think it was. I was in between a 5 and 6, and they never fit me as well as I would have liked. I also found their whole right fit numbering system completely confusing. I think they have got it this time! They have several great cuts. I didn't have time to try on all of the cuts, but I look forward to trying on the straight cut jeans. My friend recently bought a pair and she said she loves them.

Have any of you bought or tried on any of the new Right Fit jeans? If so, what did you think?

I hope you found this review helpful, please feel free to ask anything about the jeans and I will gladly answer!

Thanks for reading!

xo Cheryl Diane

7 comments:

  1. LOVE Lane Bryant jeans. Have not tried them since the re-launch, but I have 2 pairs of RED 6's that I have been holding onto (sometimes literally) even after a 40lb weight loss. It is time to buy new jeans and I can say with confidence that Lane Bryant will be the first place I stop and probably the only stop I need to make. Glad to hear the new Right Fits are even more awesome than the old ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of the old ones and went out and got 2 pair of the new ones.

    Boot Cut and Straight Leg

    Went from 5 Yellow to 22 Yellow. On the old ones dark wash seem to fit tighter than light wash. On the new ones I got both dark wash. They don't stretch out as much as the day goes on.

    DM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that the trouser jeans stretch out too much to be wearable after an hour or so, even after buying a size that felt too small when I tried them on. On the other hand, I love the bootcut jeans in yellow. It's great to have a pair of jeans that fit my waist and hips without major alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Sale on right now on RF Jeans.

    HERE IS A CODE FOR 30% OFF ENTIRE PURCHASE 000309172 AND THE INSTORE CODE IS :00309172

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a former Assistant Manager for LB, let me say I do love the product! But when you are trying on jeans be aware that they do have at least 2% spandex and they will stretch. What I have found is I have to buy them a bit too tight at the try on period because by an hour or so into wearing them, they have stretched. Hope this info helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right fit jeans are on sale instore and online. Straightlegs are 29.99, bootcut and trousers jeans are 39.99.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the new style!

    When I first went in though with the old ones I was told I was a yellow. I have a 10 inch difference between waist and hips, but whatever. Then later I got the blues, which were 'mom jean' like and baggy in the butt.

    This time I went in and got the red in a size 20 and they fit PERFECT! Love them! They do seem easier to deal with size wise and also fit good everywhere, not just one spot.

    ReplyDelete